09 Dec Winter Ready Recipe
Soup for the soul on a day like today. There is almost nothing in the fridge bar 2 bags of peppers (random) and onions.
So … red pepper soup it is! And no fancy garnishes either!
5 red peppers (chopped)
4 cloves of garlic
1tsp chilli flakes
ground black pepper
2tsp dried oregano
1ltr vegetable stock
1 large tblsp coconut oil
1 tin of tomatoes
approx. 5 cloves of garlic
It would be extra tasty if you have fresh basil leaves
Took me about 10mins to prepare and I left it too stew for about 30min
1. Preheat the grill and grill the peppers skin-side up until they are blistered and charred. Pop them into a plastic bag and allow to cool.
2. Heat the coconut oil and add the onions with the fennel seeds and cook over a gentle heat for about 5 minutes.
3. Throw the chopped peppers and tomatoes to the pot and stir through with the onions and garlic.
4. Add stock into the pot and add the oregano, chilli flakes, and ground pepper.
5. Liquidise in blender or processor.
Just what you need on a day like today!