02 Nov Spooktacular Pumpkin Soup
I hope you all had a terrific Halloween – dressing up, having parties and all the other spooky delights that go with it! I’m sure you’re getting ready to dump those pumpkins, and for some you may be right .. But waste not want not as my parents always told me! So if you have a couple of edible ones laying around put them to good tasty use!
Ingredients (Serves 4 – serving size 550mls)
- Red Lentils – 1 cup (200g),
- 900g edible pumpkin chopped,
- 1 carrot,
- 2 sticks celery,
- 3 tbsp olive oil,
- 4 garlic cloves,
- 1 onion,
- 1oz leek,
- 1.5 litre veg stock (homemade /low salt bouillon),
- 1 tsp. freshly ground nutmeg
- Cook red split lentils in a pot and cook for 15 minutes. Empty water.
- In a pot sauté onion, garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Add stock, chopped pumpkin, celery, carrot and leek.
- Add herb seasonings.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered for approx. 20 minutes.
- Puree half of the soup in the blender if you prefer a creamy soup.
- Serve with a sprinkle of nutmeg on top.
Et voila! muhahahhaha….Enjoy!!